The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Subframe/drivetrain restoration progress

14u2nV

I have some of these pix in another post, but I'm gonna make a dedicated post to my work.
Everything is blasted, coated with Rust converter/Rust encapsulator/Chassis Black. Every bushing and ball joint will be replaced. New bolts where possible.

Before/After
img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php
img.php

img.php
img.php

img.php

img.php

Some During pix:
img.php

Misc:

img.php

random parts I decided to paint

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
so Kenny, which car are you working on now? I remember you getting fed up with one of them, having turbo and running problems, and talking about parting it or cannabalizing it for 420. Then you reversed direction on that one because of the condition. So are you back to the original one? Is it 874/1000 as listed?

14u2nV

I'm redoing all of 420's suspension/drivetrain, so that this summer I can buy a running car, swap it all along with a paintjob and have me an awesome galant. I'm just gonna restore and put together all the pieces on the floor till I get it. Already have all new brakes, have the 17's I like, and all the bushings. Just need to get balljoints and a suspension setup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4wheelsqueal

Wow this looks awesome. i want to do this to my parts. did you sand blast or media blast them? and were can i get the rust encapsulator?

324vr4

eastwood has all of the specialty paint supplies and are top quality. but i'm sure that any parts store will have some sort of the kind of stuff you're looking for.

bigblock4g63

i am planing on doing the same thing again to me car but with por-15.

14u2nV

I use a coal-slag media that I get at Menards. All the coatings came from Eastwood.

4wheelsqueal

Thanks much!! That's what i'll done/use.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned